Saturday, February 5, 2011

February - not boring either!

Well the last post I thought would be enough for the year in the way of big events and disasters.
NOW.. we have had Yasi! Everyone I know up in North Queensland seems to be ok. I haven't heard from a couple but I guess they have no power, so can't contact me.
The 1st of February saw the passing away of my paternal grandmother. She had lived a wonderful full life and was still a fiesty old girl until the week before. She was over 95 years old and had only moved out of her own home under 2 years ago. I am off to Queensland tomorrow to farewell her.
While I am in Queensland, I will get to hug my sister and her family. Joel is still in the Spinal Unit of the PA Hospital but seems to be recovering well. Final prognosis is still unsure, but with modern medicine we are hoping for the best. He celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday and is having a pizza party in the hospital today.
Then I am heading over to Vicki's for a well deserved natter on all things crafty. Zanthe will hopefully cook me up a delicious dinner! Hint hint.
I plan to drive up to Toowoomba from Brisbane on Monday morning so that will be a shock I think, to drive through Gatton, Grantham, then to Liz's place to see how things have changed there from the big flood. Up the hill to the funeral and then over to see Mum before heading back to John's for the night. Then back to Brisbane and fly home on Tuesday. Whirlwind trip!!
Meanwhile back at the ranch! That is here. We have had 120mm of rain in the last 27 hours! I have put quite a few pictures on facebook, so I will add some here that are more of around the house.
This is the left hand side of the driveway washing off down to the road. This is not the heavy rain either!

Lovely full dam. Now if it has stopped leaking then this will see us through for quite some time I hope. Don't really need any more rain thanks. Just a light sprinkle once a week would be fine - ha!! It is either blisteringly hot and dry or pouring down!

Righto off to see if there is enough food for the 3 fellas for 3 days while I am away.


No comments: