Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Old Love

Yep I have gone back to my old love today..... yes you heard me right..... today I spent most of the day with my darling Janome! I sewed and sewed and sewed and boy did Janome and I enjoy ourselves!!!

I took him in for a check up with the doctor in The Mount and now he is purring like a kitten. Together we made covers for the long lounge cushions and the chair I sit in. Then a new cover for the footstool. And then two new cushion covers in matching material. And..... then.... we went way overboard and made a very basic table runner for the dining table which is in the same room.

We are now resting and basking in the warm glow of a job well done.

And now for an appropriate quote:

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. ~Norm Papernick

Ciao

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Well Kathryn - it certainly sounds like you have had the best day sewing. I can remember when I used to sit & sew most of the day too. Ohhh the good ol' days.
Where did you get him serviced at the Mount????? I'd like to get mine done too.
And YES - Emma did have another set of drawers!!! Santa here he comes????
As for your qyote - I luv it as I think I'm a little MAD!!!! ha ha

susy said...

Love the quote. Can't wait to see what you have done. have you sewed your littel elephant yet???

COCO said...

HI Kathryn, Such a long time since I've seen you. Gee the quote is good. I havent made love to Janome for a while either. Boy is he missing out. !!!! I am hopefully back with the living, i'm going a bit slow though. Well my lovely hope to see you soon. Sharon is coming to Nara Tuesday so will see you at KIP if you are venturing. Hope you are in better health. xxx Coco