Friday, October 2, 2009

Moving House/Town/State

Well I have survived the move... just!! The only side effect of the move is that due to the stress all my hair is falling out!! I am contemplating going in for a short haircut to try and help it out a bit.
Besides that the move went well - very well in fact. This would have to be the best move with regards to the damage done to things. Hardly anything bumped or dinged. I can highly recommend Llew and Stawell Removals!!
I managed to have the whole house unpacked in a week!! I had to, as my sister decided to fly down from Queensland and visit us for 4 days.
Lizzie and I had a great 4 days. I can't believe it only takes an hour and a half to drive to Melbourne Airport from here. I collected her on the Wednesday afternoon. Thursday we spent the day nattering and having a wander around the shops and the main part of the city of Bendigo.
Friday, Andrew took the day off as an unpacking day and we called it Lizzie's Day. We took her for a picnic at Hanging Rock and we couldn't lose anyone!! Then over to Woodend where her and Andrew found a mini brewery in an old pub and so they did a taste test of 8 different beers. The boys and I had lemonades and chips! Then it was home for a takeaway dinner of Noodles!
On the Saturday, Lizzie and I made our way down to Blackwood to the garden of St Erth where the Diggers Company had an Open Day. We got all sorts of good ideas for our gardens. The highlight of the day was a Masterclass in Permaculture and Luncheon with David Holmgren. He is the guru of Permaculture in Australia. Very entertaining and informative. We took a leisurely drive home via Daylesford ( had to take Lizzie to the Chocolate Shop!! where we had coffee/iced chocolate and cake!) then onto Castlemaine and home. On the Sunday, Lizzie and I had a look around the Bendigo Showgrounds Markets and before we knew it, it was time to take her back to the Airport. What a whirlwind visit but so much fun!!
The next day, I jumped in the car and tootled back over to Naracoorte to finish cleaning the house and hand over the keys. I was a sad little girl as I will miss that gorgeous big house and my huge vege patch! Not to mention I stayed with Sandie and got to have lots of nattering time with her and Susy, as well as being in town on the right night to catch up with Jane and the Art Gallery Craft Group. Tuesday I headed home again after handing the keys over to the guys at the bank. Andrew's replacement will have started by now!
Since then I have managed to get some scrapbooking done, had some homeschoolers for a visit and sorted out my vege garden here. The vege/fruit garden here is all in pots as we will hopefully be buying our own house at the end of the year.
I will blog again after dinner and show you the layouts I have done that I can share. Some of them are for the Newsletter for The Scrap Heap, so I can't share until it comes out.
Righto off to feed the hungry hordes.


Sandie said...

So glad that you've been able to do some scrapping now.
Glad you are settling in & hopefully you'll find a house of your own in the near future.
Look forward to catching up soon.
Cheers xxxxx

susy said...

Glad to hear you are settling in. And a new house,how exciting, so which one have you decided on, the real biggie or have you just decided to buy but not picked one out yet?
Missing you

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your moving went well.

We have just spent a few days holidaying in Tumby Bay.