Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour

It is awfully dark here in our house at the moment. We are all sitting in the dark observing Earth Hour. You are meant to turn all your lights off for one hour from 8 pm to 9pm on 29 March as a sign to show you care about Climate Change and want to do something about it. This family uses a lot of lights over a 24 hour period - Andrew is up before the suna nd turns on the lights for an hour until he goes to work, then at night the lights, at least one stay on until Gregory goes to bed at 1 or 2 am!! This means they are only off for 3 hours of dark! Eeeek that sounds really bad doesn't it??

Anyway they are all off now and will be for another 24 minutes! Maybe I should do it every night!!

Here are three really good quotes that I found today. Seeing I am so far behind with them you get the lot at once!!

'It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that count!"Adlai E. Stevenson

I get a bit melancholy just before my birthday (I will be 45 in 13 days!!) every year - not because I am getting older but because I always want to achieve so much in the year and never seem to get it all done. It is a bit like New Year's Resolutions, I suppose! Ha!! I didn't make any of those this year!

'Live well, laugh often, love much and scrap the lot!"

I like this one because I am forever trying to catch up with my scrapping of my photos!!

'While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” Angela Schwindt

Ain't it always the way!! I was trying to teach Daniel a ball game I used to play when I was his age today. Do you think I could remember all of it?? No!! If anyone else played a game where you threw a ball against a wall in different ways, if you dropped the ball or didn't catch it, it was the other person's turn and then you had to start at the beginning again when it was your turn again. The first was catch 10 times straight off the wall, then 9 times by throwing and letting it bounce before you caught it, then 8 times bounced on the ground and then the wall then catch it. Some of the others were clap before catching again and turning round while the ball was in flight to the wall and back. Can anyone else remember the game, what it was called or the other things you had to do before catching the ball??

Oaky Dokey off to make a cup of tea in the dark and veg out in front of the idiot box for a bit!!

No comments: