Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nice Quiet Sunday then ....

I had a lovely quiet Sunday morning. I woke up late and had a leisurely breakfast. A friend rang to say did I want to meet her and kids for a play date at the park - yep sure did! We quickly ate some lunch and headed off to the Park for the afternoon. We had a yummy coffee and the kids played happily for over 2 hours.


We got home just after 4 and I decided to check my email. There was a message from Facebook to say someone wanted to be my friend - wasn't sure I knew the name, but fate stepped in next minute there was a message from this friend which made it abundantly clear who she was. It was my best friend from Year 12 at boarding school! Hi Lisa!! We had stayed friends while at Uni, both training to be teachers but lost track of each other after that! So 25 year later, we chatted for ages like it had been only last week we had last talked. It was so amazing! I am still stunned by it all - the marvel of the internet!!


I dashed off to cook dinner for the boys and just as we sat down to eat, there was a phone call which Andrew answered. I thought his voice sounded a bit strange from the other room. Well, stunned twice in the space of 2 hours - a mutual friend had rung to tell us that the mother of one the boys that Daniel goes to Cub Scouts with, had died over the weekend. Very suddenly! Apparently a stroke. We sat in silence eating our dinner!! She was younger than me!! I still can't believe it! Her children are only 12 and 10.


These two things have made me even more determined to get healthy for my family's sake! No more junk food, lots of exercise and I will hug my boys even tighter!!! I also am very determined to contact old friends for the school reunion later in the year. Life is definitely too short to put off what you really want to do!!


"The past is history, the future is a mystery and this moment is a gift. That is why this moment is called the “present."Anon
Please enjoy all your gifts and presents, everyone!!
Ciao for now

No comments: