Friday, January 4, 2008

A little bit naughty...

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.' -- Eleanor Roosevelt

I love Eleanor Roosevelt's quotes she said some doozies!! She must have been an amazing woman!

Today is stinky hot - yep no air con man with the much anticipated part - they hope it will be here Monday - bloody better be!!!! Today only got to 39 not the predicted 40 - that is a blessing isn't it??? NOT!!!

A friend texted me and said they were coming through on their way to Adelaide - did we want to meet them at the swimming lake for a cool down before they went on their way. Most certainly I said! The breeze was cool enough and the shade thick enough for this fatty to sit and watch everyone else in the water - gotta lose some more weight so I am brave enough to venture out into the togs world! Anyway was lovely way to spend a couple of hours - came home to a late lunch and then lay down for a nana nap.

It was quite nice on the bed with the fan whirring - sleep..... not likely!! Decided to jump up and tidy Dan's Lego infested room. Put up the new shelves I had painted earlier in the week. He hates it when I say I am going to clean and tidy his room but after the inital whinge he joins in and helps me and is so happy in his tidy clean room after that we don't see him for days!! Well worth the effort of the cleaning on my part - a quiet happy kid - what more could a Mum want for??

I know a good coffee - finished that now too. Yum. I am so glad I bought Andrew a coffee machine for Christmas????

Okey Dokey gotta go revive the yard now and maybe splash myself as well. See ya tomorrow!

No comments: